PHPBB is a high-powered, fully scalable, and highly customizable open-source bulletin board package.
It has a user-friendly interface, simple and straightforward administration panel, and helpful FAQ.
Based on the powerful PHP server language and your choice of MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or Access/ODBC database servers, PHPBB is the ideal, free community solution for all Web sites.
A short explanation of how to do a conversion, installation or update is included within the provided INSTALL.html file, please be sure to read it. You can find a list of requirements on our Downloads page.
If you find any security issues please report them to our security tracker.
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the “changed files only” or “patch” method for updating.
- Full Package:
Full phpBB 3 source code and english language files.
- Automatic Update Package:
Update package for the automatic updater, contains changes from previous release to this release.
- Changed Files Only:
Complete files, but only those that were changed since previous releases of phpBB 3. This archive contains changed files for every previous release.
- Patch Files:
This file contains diffs against the previous phpBB 3 release, which can be applied with the patch utility.
Select the package most suitable for you. We recommend the following methods depending on your situation:
- For new installations you should use the Full Package
- For updates of boards without modifications you can use the Automatic Update Package (guided update) or the Changed Files Only package (manual update).
- For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you can use the Patch Files Package.
- International Support Teams may use the Patch Package in conjunction with the Code Changes to better support users with problematic conflicts during their update process or to help them update code sections.
- If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files Package to update all of your client installations.